Commencer un nouveau sujet

Sleep - how do I wake up QuickKeys

I have my QuickKeys attached via USB cable. I have it set to sleep after 90 minutes. IS there a way to wake it up again without turning it on and off ?

Once the Quick Keys has gone to sleep, you will need to use the Power switch to turn it back on. I will send your comment to the Product team to see if your suggestion can be added to a future release of the Driver. 

I'm with Avraham Treistman.   

My remote key went to sleep and my first thought was that something went wrong.

It's natural to expect to just click or rotate the dial to wake it up again. 
This is the intuitive response we all carry from using computers and phones. 

Either call it "Auto-off time" or keep "Sleep time" and wake it up with any interaction besides on-off switch. 

That is a great observation. The Quick Keys has two sleep modes. 

The first will be keyed off the your manual selection in the Setting application. I have mine set to 30 minutes. After 30 minutes of inactivity the remove will go to sleep. When it does this you will notice that the Power like and the Bluetooth light will remain on. 

After 20 more minutes of inactivity the Quick Keys will them power down completely.  Two wake it and this point you will need to slide the On button back to the On position and the Quick Keys will repair to the dongle. 

This will prevent the Quick Keys from batter from draining. 

Haa, ok. That makes xence
Thanks for the clarification !

No worries, and I hope that helped! 

It would be great if we could adjust both durations (time until sleep, time until shutdown), instead of just the first -- ideally with different profiles depending whether connected by USB or wireless (as in whether running off battery power or USB power).

1 personne aime ça

Since it takes quite some time to wake up, reconnect to the driver etc. once it went to sleep I tend to not wake it up and just use the shortcuts. I need a mode where it wakes up as quickly as possible; if that is only possible when on USB that's fine. 

The way it works now it makes it only usable when constantly working with it. I would also like to have a configuration where I can use it as a helper during regular work in different programs. 

For that usecase it would also help to be able to define sets that always work the same way no matter which program is in focus. As a workaround I now copy a set to each program, which becomes more and more work once I change something on that set. Another way to achieve this would be to define "linked" sets where changes are reflected anywhere, where such a set is located. Those would be truly "global" sets, as opposed to the settings made to the "as long as no specifically defined app is in focus" sets. 

To add to my own comment (which I cannot edit): I figured, if I leave it connected via USB, I can set it to "never sleep" and have immediate access to the buttons. Anyway, it would make sense in my eyes to have different sleep-settings for usage on USB and on battery, in order to be able to disconnect it and automatically have it sleep for less battery drain, going back to "unlimited" as soon as is gets connected  via USB again... :) 

Your first point on the connection speed: Once the device goes to sleep, it can take from 5 to 20 seconds worse case for it to reconnect. There is a sleep timer for both the Quick Keys and the Pen Tablet in the Settings program.

I keep my Pen Tablet connected via the USB cable and I use the Quick Keys in wireless mode. Most of the time when I'm working, it is turned off. When I start to edit videos, images or digitally draw, I'll turn it on then. 

I have the Sleep timer for the Quick Keys set to Never time out. Once I'm done using it or I get up for an extended period, I'll power it off. 

For you second question: We do have a All-Other icon, its intended use is not what you are describing. Once you have added an application to the Application row, it will not work within the All-Other  icon.

Connexion pour poster un commentaire