Neues Thema starten

Improvements for Tablet to Screen Area Mapping

I have a Pen Tablet Medium and OFTEN (like, almost daily) switch between using the full 'medium' sized area, and a smaller area. For continuity, I always set the smaller area to 640 x 360. This is an important aspect of my current workflow, as different screen areas are better for different situations. However, I have found the process to be very... clunky. 

First, there is the actual process you must go through to change the portion to your desired area. The software won't allow me to manually type in numbers (in my case, the width of 640 and the height of 360). Instead, I must click and drag a rectangle on the 'define portion' interface as accurately as possible, because then I have to scroll up or down with my mouse wheel to increase or decrease the numbers to be exactly 640 and 360. I would like to request that at the least, we can have the ability to type in the values we want. Having to use the scroll wheel to increase or decrease by 1 number at a time is needlessly slow.

What would be even better is if we could save pre-defined active area settings, so that with one click you could decrease the size to exactly what you want. I can easily and quickly go back to selecting the 'full tablet area' option, but every time I want to use a smaller area I groan because it is a cumbersome process. It could be as simple as adding a 'save settings' button on the 'define portion' interface, so that every time you select it, it will default to your preferred size. I am unsure if other people also like to frequent between different active areas on their tablet, but for myself, the whole process would be so much smoother if some improvements were made.

1 Kommentar

Thanks for the post. I agree with your assessment. I use a different size for my “defined portion” when I work so that I do not have to move my wrist so far. I use the full Tablet size for those perfect line arcs and circles when photo editing or drawing.

Changing from one to the other is a pain, and getting the exact size and placement you have described is hard.

I have asked the driver team to add the ability to save a defined portion setting so that you can quickly return to it when needed.

I’m going to follow up with them and see where they are with this.

Anmelden um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen