新規トピックを開始

Hold and Tap for right click

I always preferred the way Wacom had an option "hold and tap" to produce a right click. This would be helpful for those of us that use mouse gestures as the current "click" and drag the stylus button kind of freaks the mouse gesture reader out.

3人 がこのアイデアにいいねしています
コメント数: 53Sorted by 新しい順

For the record, I absolutely think that this tablet is worth the transition from Wacom. While I cannot speak to the display version (I wish I had that kind of discretionary funds), the tablet is built better, feels better, and you get more for the money.

I would give the devs a pass in the short term about "click and tap", but if this is a long term issue, I would start wondering why that cant happen. I have been "click and tapping" with wacom since the late 90's. So the idea of this functionality has been around for at least 20 years. 

I am curious about how this feature was overlooked. (Not to beleaguer Mike about this point.) From what I understand Xencelabs is made up of several former Wacom employees. How was "hold and tap" not implemented from the jump? Is it a patent issue? Was it considered not essential? Just curious.

1人 これを「好き」

Okey, so what you have posted is exactly what we want but with right click and middle click. Instead of triggering the right click with the button, we want to trigger trigger it with the button AND the tap at the same time. It's incredibely unconfortable and imprecise just with the hover.

Monts ago I posted in this very same thread this screenshot from wacoms configuration. Just copy it, thats what we are asking for, nothing else.

https://imgur.com/a/urf9vB4 

I watched this video and I understand what you showed is a helpful feature, but that is not what we explained on this thread, we talked about "hold and tap", which allows you to hold the button on the pen when you click or tap on the tablet it changes the action. This has been a feature in Wacom tablets for a long time now. I think the other users commented on it.

For example, if you right-click, you don't need to right-click while hovering in the air, you hold the button and tap on the tablet and it changes to right-click, meaning the tip of the pen is no longer acts as click but as a right-click unless you release the button then resolves to click. So while holding it. 

I don't have a Wacom tablet anymore, so I can't record a video showing you how it works but I am sure someone has that can demonstrate it better. But i think @Nikolay Manukov eplxained it earlier better because he still uses wacom

Please, this is a very important feature I have been looking forward to. I would be glad if it's implemented. Thanks.

Yep, I just posted it above - 

I want to me it clear that I have read two processes; one for Hover and click, and one for hover and tap. I have created a short video that talks about both and let you know that the hover and tap feature is already in place and working. But hat the hover and select is not.

The video shows the difference in the two.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/f2waj0ekcv3d5fc7mdsk2/Hover-Click-Hover-Tap.mp4?rlkey=zgbx7b135sju5wvny5e61ordh&dl=0

Thanks for posting. What operating system and Xencelabs driver are you using? Would you please post a short video of what you are experiencing on your side? As you create the video, please talk to me through what you are doing. Thanks

Here was the response from Customer care

Hello Wilson,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have passed your feedback to the product manager and it seems like the driver team are working on other projects, so far they haven't implemented this feature. 

I have been told by customer care that it hasn't been implemented yet :(

Customer care hasn't responded yet,  but can you be able to show the video of how it's working, I uninstalled and installed still nothing new, it's still hover click, and not "Hold and tap". Thanks

I stopped using the xencelabs tablet due to the lack of this feature. I took it on purpose to check it out . I confirm that the hold and tap feature has not appeared. Unfortunately.

2人 がいいねしています

If others are using this feature and it is working or not working, please reply to this post, and open a Customer Care ticket by emailing CustomerCare@Xencelabs.com.

Thanks

Hmmm, I don't use PS mainly, I use blender and I don't have quick keys. I only have the xencelabs tablet. However, I also tested it in PS and I didn't I don't see any change, I still have the beta driver installed. I would contact  customer care, however I would also like to know from the other users here it if works for them. Thanks

Thanks for the reply. What I described above is currently available, and you do not need to turn it on. It is on by default.

I would suggest that you reach out to CustomerCare@xencealbs.com, and one of the agents will work with you to determine why you are not able to see this feature now in PS.

I am unsure if this is how it's going to work, I also downloaded the beta drivers to see if there are any changes but nothing is showing that the feature is implemented unless I am missing a setting somewhere because I installed 1.3.2-61 from the beta. But I am not sure it's anything related to the quick keys either. If at least is available in this driver version, how do I enable it? and if not, where will the option be to able to use "Tap and click" or "Hover click". Thanks.

ログイン コメント投稿のため