建立新主題

Hold and Tap for right click

I always preferred the way Wacom had an option "hold and tap" to produce a right click. This would be helpful for those of us that use mouse gestures as the current "click" and drag the stylus button kind of freaks the mouse gesture reader out.

3 個人 喜歡這個點子

This feature feels like it needs universal application too. For me (and probably some others) it is more about how my hands and fingers move and my muscle memory. Tapping with my pen down is my hand and brain "saying" do something, its active and purposeful. Pressing the side pen button is more akin to a modifier key (similar to how I use the CTRL and ALT in my art programs). Having to hover my pen and then press the side button and have something happen is jarring.

3 個人 喜歡這個

I would like to repeat the message from my feature request email. I hope others will see it and perhaps join our discussion.

I would like to be able to change the mode for pressing the pen buttons. Wacom calls it "Click and tap" or "Press and hold".

The default is: Hold the pen tip close to the tablet and press the pen button to do a right click or other click function.

Possible change to: Press the pen button and tap the pen tip to the tablet to do right-click or other click function.

That means that it will only register a click from one of the pen buttons, once the pen is in contact with the surface of the tablet.

Using a tablet in this way allows me to have more control when I press the pen buttons. There is never a moment when I hold the pen tip close to the tablet, press the pen button and the pen goes out of range, interrupting the press at the most inconvenient moment. Worse and more often, when I press the button, the pointer moves relative to the expected point and I get a different result than I expected.

I need the pen button to be triggered when I tap the pen tip to the tablet to press and hold the right click or middle click.

If I run the Diagnostic Tool, the Pen Button Code displays a different value if I hold the pen button and if I hold the pen button and tap the pen tip to the tablet. Based on this, I assume the possibility of adding this feature.

In your reply email you said that you had sent my request to the driver team as a feature request and that they would have a chance to review it after new Pen Display 24 out the door. I think that the time has come for this.

Really looking forward to adding this feature. Because I sometimes have to use a Wacom tablet, I still can't get used to using a tablet without this feature. I don't think I'm the only one who has switched from a Wacom tablet and who needs to have this feature.

2 個人 喜歡這個

I stopped using the xencelabs tablet due to the lack of this feature. I took it on purpose to check it out . I confirm that the hold and tap feature has not appeared. Unfortunately.

2 個人 喜歡這個

I'm reaching out to the driver team to see where they are with adding the Tap and Click feature. I'll let you know what I find out. 

2 個人 喜歡這個

Question for you on the "Tap and Hold." The Driver team asked if you would like to see that being application-specific or more of a global feature?

If it were application-specific, you would need to add the application to the Application row and then turn on the "Tap and Hold" feature, and it would then only work with the applications you had set it up to work with.

Your thoughts?

2 個人 喜歡這個

I am looking forward to this feature too

一個人 喜歡這個

Currently with the Xencelabs driver, you have the Hover and Click. I can hover my pen nib over the Pen Tablet and press my lower pen button (Right Click) and the Customize settings dialog opens.

How do you see using the Click and Tap feature?

一個人 喜歡這個

In response to Mike above

How do you see using the Click and Tap feature?

Click and tap essentially makes the buttons on the pen modifier buttons. Hold the "right click" modifier button and Tap down on the pen.

(i am repeating myself i am sure)
Tapping down with the pen is a purposeful action. When the pen is down its actively doing something. When its up, we are using that movement to relocate the cursor to a new spot, then down again. The up and down movement of the pen on "paper" is what all the mouse-click (and key press) modifiers should cater to.

一個人 喜歡這個

Exactly as shown at the screenshot above in the wacom tablet settings. Press the pen button and then tap the pen tip to the tablet do a right-click.

As I said before, this gives you more control when you tap the pen buttons. When I press the button and then tap the pen tip to the tablet, the pointer will be exactly where I want it, and will not move relative to the expected point at the moment I press the pen button.

一個人 喜歡這個

I can definitely see the Click and Tap feature being a valuable addition to Xencelabs tablets, particularly for those of us working in Blender. While the Hover and Click feature is useful, it can be easy to accidentally drag a vertex or lose precision when moving an object. With Click and Tap, the accuracy is greatly improved, which is essential for 3D modeling and other tasks that require precise movements.

Additionally, selecting vertices in Blender would be much more efficient and accurate with this feature. I've also found that in sculpting mode, Hover and Click can cause issues with certain brushes, so Click and Tap would be a welcome alternative.

As someone who started using Blender with version 2.79 and prefers the old configuration for faster navigation and right-click select, I find that Hover can sometimes slow me down. However, with Click and Tap, I believe my speed and productivity would be greatly improved. Overall, I believe that the Click and Tap feature would be a significant improvement for Xencelabs tablets, especially for those of us working in Blender.

一個人 喜歡這個

You are wanting to have your nib on the tablet and then press the pen button for right-click, and as long as you aer pressing the button the nib will now perform a right-click.

一個人 喜歡這個

The Click + Tap is working on both the Mac and Windows platforms. That is what I showed in the video.

If it is not working for you, please reach out to CustomerCare@xencelabs.com.

The other feature, Hover + Click, has been placed on the driver feature request and should be released in the next driver or two that are posted.

一個人 喜歡這個

I am curious about how this feature was overlooked. (Not to beleaguer Mike about this point.) From what I understand Xencelabs is made up of several former Wacom employees. How was "hold and tap" not implemented from the jump? Is it a patent issue? Was it considered not essential? Just curious.

一個人 喜歡這個

Answering Mike, yes and no. it doesn't matter what you do first (press the button or having the nib on the table) the thing is that the right (or middle) button will be triggered when BOTH are happening at the same time, usually what you do is press the button and tap where you want the right click to be performed. And yes, as long as those two things are happening it will be performa a right click (or a middle click) and It's not only tapping is also dragging, it means that if u want to scroll a webpage using the middle button you click the button with tour finger and without releasing it you put the nib on the table and drag.

I do have a wacom and I can record a video explaining how this feature works, however I'm confused because It's a very simple concept and afaik the developers were working on this.

Also every single wacom tablet has this feature and can be checked as I said almost a year ago in this screenshot:

"If it helps I link here  a screenshot of wacoms configuration so you can see how they have handled this https://imgur.com/a/urf9vB4"

This feature is crucial, I'm using a lot the tablet lately and I'm considering HEAVILY going back to wacom even tho they are worse in every single aspect but this.

Would a video really help? would it go faster?

一個人 喜歡這個

I’m not sure why it was not added when the driver was created. That was six months before I started with Xencelabs. I can't imagine that there is any sort of patent issue; it was just overlooked.

Please know that Xencelabs is a small but growing company. We are customer-centric, but when we started this venture, so much needed to be done. Please remember that our competitor has been doing this for 40-plus years. We are now 3.5 years into this venture, and with each driver release and product release, we are moving forward just a bit.

I would also like to thank all those who have contributed to your thoughts and given guidance and direction for features like this one. You are helping mold Xencelabs into a company that is pushing its way to the top of this market. Thanks -

一個人 喜歡這個
登入 留下意見